Tuesday, August 18, 2009

I detest Florida with all its humidity and heat.

How can people want to live here? It is miserable! I drove fifteen minutes to Wal-Mart today with a broken AC and almost died, even with the windows open. I cannot wait to get away from this weather. The beach is great, but who can afford to drive 30 miles that often? Not to mention I can't stay in the sun for all that long anyway. I know that the north has its cons as well, but oh what I wouldn't give to have four seasons a year. It's probably almost as hot anywhere else in North America these days, but the difference with FL is that we'll see these temperatures for a few more months, whereas if you are living somewhere else it might start cooling down within a month or so.

Now that that verbal rampage is over, hi. Hannah has bought all of her books for classes next week. Facebook statuses are lamenting the end of summer days. The weather is at its hottest (as mentioned briefly in the above paragraph), and the beginning of school excitement is in the air. Might I just say how stoked I am that I am not going back to class in a week?! I think the depressing spell may have finally come to somewhat of an end with the realization that I don't have to answer to intimidating teachers in class, write a 25+ page paper, or take a test ever again unless I want to (ok, ok, with the exception of NCLEX. I realized that was a completely false statement after I wrote it-- let's just say don't have to take a test again for a class).

Still getting ready for NCLEX. I'm trying to do 100 or so questions per day. Not too bad. I still need to review some content as well, but I seem to be procrastinating nicely on that. I'm definitely enjoying these slower days, although I'm getting cabin fever half the time being stuck at home all day. I did some grocery shopping for my mom at Wal-Mart, which goes to show you how desperate I am to get out of the house. My social life has come to an abrupt halt, which is kind of sad but somewhat enjoyable at the same time. I've been able to watch movies-- Pride and Prejudice (a favorite- and I'm thinking of pulling out the A&E version tonight which is even better!), Troy (never saw that one before and didn't expect to like it so much- definitely liking the Orlando Bloom/Brad Pitt/Eric Bana combo), Lord of the Rings (love it), The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe (always near and dear), Hairspray (Good morning, Baltimore!), and a good number of others as well. Probably a huge waste of time, but I'm enjoying it nonetheless. What other time in my life will I have this much time on my hands? Probably never again.

Since school is now over I am making efforts to get back into exercising again. I am probably in the worst shape of my life. It's pretty hard to get back into it, but I'm hoping by the next month or so I can be running again. The other night I was explaining a ginormous blister I once had to Hannah (who just got 2 blisters from a 5-mile run), and said, "Yeah, I got mine on a 7-mile run" as if it were nothing. Then went "Holy cow, how did I run 7 miles?!" I can't even run one right now! Oh, to be in high school, young and energetic again. Before you laugh I will tell you that at 22 I have a lot less energy than I used to. I'm already having issues with my back, so don't tell me I'm not aging! ;)

Enough rambling, I have wasted enough of your time.

1 comment:

Allison said...

I enjoy your rambling, don't stop. You can do 7 miles, one day soon. Do River Run with me next year, I don't like running alone.