Last night I saw the Dark Knight with Allison and Lauren. It was probably one of the scariest movies I have ever seen. It wasn't gory, and it wasn't a horror film. It was just down right scary. Within the first ten minutes of the movie I was having panic attacks. I kid you not. I was so scared. The Joker was such a disturbing character. Just the whole opening sequence with the men in clown masks robbing the bank, mercilessly killing. That was the whole movie. Several times I felt so shaken I wanted to leave. Every time the Joker was on screen I basically sat there with my hands half covering my face so I could cover my eyes if I had to. But most of what scared me were the things left to the imagination. Ugh, it was such a disturbing and scary movie. The Joker could be funny at times, but in such a disturbing way that it wasn't funny. But it was a very well-done movie. Heath Ledger's performance was amazing. All that said, I would still recommend it because Christian Bale looks good. And underneath all that make-up I'm sure Heath looked good too.
But I don't know what it was about that movie that shook me to the core. I have never felt so disturbed by anything before. I hardly slept last night, and when I did I only had dreams about the Joker. When I was awake all I could think about was the Joker. So so scary. I think because he was so real. Sarah mentioned that he wasn't like other villains, who are typically larger-than-life.
So, I'm at Allison's. We went to the farmer's market this morning and then to Whole Foods. We like to walk around and look at all the interesting organic and vegan foods. Do we eat that way? Nope. But it's still fun. We looked at the wines and many of them had some interesting names.
Hopefully we'll stay busy the rest of the day so I don't have to keep thinking about the movie.
I still want to see it again though, because honestly I think I missed a lot of the plot because I was so scared.
I got to see the house Allison will live in next year. It's really nice. I hope she gets everything with the rent worked out.
Well, I hope that I can keep my mind on happy things today. Good bye!
1 comment:
I think what it so unsettling about the Dark Knight was summarized by Alfred's statement to Batman in that some people just want to see the world burn. Thats a true statement and its very unsettling once you grasp it.
Post a Comment