Thursday, May 15, 2008

Summer Vacation

So I have spent the past two weeks on summer vacation with no job. It is somewhat nice, but I don't like being idle for such a long time. I have what looks like a job opportunity and is very probable, hopefully I can start that in the next week or so. I'm definitely ready.

I've been doing a lot of reading during my break. That's something I don't get to do much of during the school year, so it is nice. I've been reading Pride and Prejudice, Jim Elliot's journals, and Harry Potter. I'll admit, I'm a Harry Potter junkie. I love the books, and on some nights I go to sleep with a Harry Potter movie on. I don't know if it's the fantasy that I love, or the imaginative element, or just the fact that it is not reality. Maybe that's why I escape into things like Pride and Prejudice or my favorite tv shows such as Full House (hey, I'm not afraid to admit it), old musicals like Sound of Music, etc... it's a way of forgetting stress and troubles in life, school, or studying. I don't know if that's ok, really, I mean I know that I should really be going to Christ for that. And I do, but not like I should.

Well, it is summer and I'm glad for that. Even though I still have more than three months of summer left, school will start up before I know it and I'll wish for these days back. Isn't that always how it works? It's hot outside and you wish it was cold. It's cold outside and you wish it was hot.

1 comment:

Allison said...

I'm glad you're not afraid to admit you like Harry Potter, Full House, or Sound of Music. Me either!!