Over this past year I have been studying the Book of Matthew in my evening Bible Study Fellowship class. Last night was our last night, which was pretty sad but because we studied Matthew it was a happy way to end- on Christ's resurrection and ascension! :) So anyway, something that really struck me in this last week of study was the complete, finished work of Christ.
I think that this is something I forget so often. The resurrection of Christ is so incredibly significant, and I think that with all the romanticized advertising at Easter it gets lost. Why do we believe in the resurrection? The physical, bodily resurrection. The first obvious reason is that the Bible says it- and the Bible is absolute truth. But if there was no resurrection than there is no hope and it is all a joke. It would all be in vain. As Paul puts it in 1 Corinthians 15:19, then "we are to be pitied more than all men." Without the resurrection then all of the prophecies in Old Testament Scriptures were wrong. All of the disciples would be liars, as well as everyone else that saw Jesus after His resurrection. Without the resurrection, my faith is in vain, it is useless, and I am still lost in my sins.
Because the resurrection is true, death has been conquered. Jesus sits at God's right hand, interceding for me. He is alive right now. Death is the last enemy to be destroyed. And Christ completely finished what He came to earth to do. So cool.
So sorry about the scattered thoughts, it was just something on my mind. God is so good, isn't He?
No comments:
Post a Comment