Well, as I obviously have already described myself in "about me," I'm a nursing student and have completed my first year of nursing school- my junior year of college. It is definitely a crazy life. Most 20 year old college girls spend their time in sororities, or partying, dating, drinking, having fun, etc... my life during the school year consists of going to classes, studying, reading, taking tests, and going to clinicals. At one point during the spring semester I was getting up at 4:15 two days a week for six weeks to go to clinical (in the psych ward, no less!). The second half of the semester we moved on to rehab which was only one day a week for 12 hours, so my super early morning was not quite so early or frequent. Pile on top of this tests, quizzes (galore), studying, reading, and classes, and it makes for a crazy time. But I love it!
So you wonder, why has this been such an interesting week? Well, really it has not been interesting, and I guess that is precisely what makes it so interesting. I'm used to going nonstop, and now that school is over and I have no job (yet), I have been able to sleep in, relax, and read what I want to read. This may not seem like a big deal, but it is. And I'm going to enjoy it, because starting in August I will be in school until August of '09 when I graduate.
So, just a little intro to my life. Like I said, it is nothing interesting but I figure it's nice to have a place to share my thoughts. I'll admit I'm a bit of a sappy, sentimental person and you will probably get that from me on here- so I apologize now for that, it's just who I am. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment