This year I am the director of teens for VBS. I did it last year and it went so well! We had almost 100 teens helping, things went smoothly. I'm just starting to feel really discouraged about it right now. I only have maybe 40 or 50 teens signed up so far. Things don't seem to be falling into place. It is very discouraging to see the lack of involvement in general for it this year. VBS used to be such a huge deal up until just two years ago, so I don't know what's going on. I was so excited to do this job this year, and now I'm wondering why I decided to do it. But God can do big things with it. I'm putting too much stock into our human capabilities and I need to trust God. I need to do that with a lot of things right now.
I don't know what's going on at Pinewood. Maybe I have put too much faith in it. I have gone there since I was 4 years old, and it has been the one constant in my life through so much. I still love my church and I don't plan on leaving any time soon. I would like to get more involved because my first impulse was to become uninvolved. Well we'll see what happens. God has a plan.
1 comment:
It will be crazy. I was looking at tickets to Michigan leaving on the 14 of June to the 19, only $127. I want to visit Lindsey so bad! But, you have to have a dang birthday in there... Dang you for being born!
Come to Orlando Friday night of the 13, I think thats when I'm gonna plan to do something for my birthday with friends!
Post a Comment