I really do know how to set myself back. I am in dire need of a reset of some sort.
I still haven't decided if I simply know my limits in a relationship, or if I really know how to sabotage something really good. Something real.
Either way, I'm back to square one.
And I just want a break.
I am tired of being alone. Plain and simple. My life is very full, it is very good. Don't get me wrong. I have a good job, I have wonderful friends, I have my health and my fitness. I have what I need along with many things I don't need. And while I don't look for a man to fulfill everything in my life, I am ready for someone who can complement the life that I have. Someone who can make it better... who can make me better, and vice versa.
I have a feeling that I have given up that chance, at least for a long time. I certainly don't get over people easily, and I don't move on easily.
I don't really know what the next step for me is. I suppose for now, just putting one foot in front of the other. I think of Sleepless in Seattle when Sam is still reeling over his loss. "Well, I'm gonna get out of bed every morning... breathe in and out all day long. Then after awhile I won't have to remind myself to get out of bed every morning and breathe in and out... and then after awhile I won't have to think about how I had it great and perfect for awhile." That's what I'm gonna do.
I have peace... but right now I don't have joy about it. And that's ok. I'm going to let myself be sad.
No comments:
Post a Comment