So I promised myself I would be extremely careful not to go to extremes with working out. And I'm not. I think I have found a really good balance, but have also been making my workouts a priority. I realized recently that I don't really have any hobbies (unless Netflix counts as one). I'm not creative or artistic, I fail at being a good reader, and I'm not currently part of any faith-based community. This leaves a lot of time for what I'm doing.
I realize that this won't always be the case. But I've realized how much I really enjoy working out. And I have time for it at this point in my life. I feel like, why not invest in it while I can? I'm not looking to attain any unrealistic expectations, I'm just looking to be strong. I feel good knowing that about myself and my intentions.
As with any new exercise regime, I've experienced some issues with my... ahem... cycle. And it concerned me that perhaps I'm going overboard. But I'm not exercising hours a day. I have rest days, I typically may go for a short run and do a 45 minute weight session at the most. My long run days don't include any time in the gym. I haven't even lost weight (which I'm ok with at this point), though I know I have gained muscle. In most of my research I've done, this is typically a problem for most women starting a different workout regimen. But I am still going to be extra careful not to go overboard.
No comments:
Post a Comment