Since high school, Kat and I have taken pictures in front of Starbucks. You know, back when they were original and cool, but it's a tradition we haven't given up.
Kat took me to a place called Sarabeth's where we enjoyed what is popularly known throughout NYC as brunch. Apparently brunch is the "in" thing up there, and I suppose it will be everywhere soon as well. You heard it from me!
Kat with her fruit and granola!
Me and my healthy choice of french toast. It was the best french toast I have EVER had!
This is a place called Sheep's Meadow (I think?) in Central Park. I found it amusing that people come out here to lay out. Like, bikinis, swim trunks, even speedos. I don't think Kat understood what was so funny about that to me, but coming from a Florida girl's perspective-- you don't just see people go out in a big, grassy field in their swimsuits when there's no water around. It was just odd to me.
We laid on a blanket talking for a little while. Mimosas + exposure to the sun probably weren't the best combination so we didn't last very long.
I really wanted to get a paddle boat out there. How fun!
This is Bethesda fountain, apparently featured in many popular movies (though I couldn't remember any). I was simply looking around for Joe Fox the whole time in Central Park, with his dog Brinkley. He never showed up. Just to our right out of the picture, there was a man (or a woman? not sure) dressed in a huge robe, wearing a wizard's hat, and a long fake beard. One thing about NYC is that you see a lot of strange and unusual things there.
Most of these pictures, except for the Starbucks one, are from Saturday while I was there. The weather was so amazingly perfect the entire weekend. It never got above 75. I wish it could be like that here in June. Apparently that is a little nicer than normal up there, but I was glad because we did A LOT OF WALKING! Even though we ate so much, I didn't gain even a pound because of all the walking that we did. People walk everywhere and that's just the way it is. It's either that or spend a lot of money on a cab, or take the subway which people don't really enjoy.
Today is my first day back at work since coming home. *sigh* Trips are fun, but it's no fun coming back to reality when they are over.
No comments:
Post a Comment