I am home now from what was a fun-filled and incredibly tiring week of VBS. Once again I helped out in crafts.
I'm sitting on my couch watching the Olympic trials-- gymnastics! One of my favorites! I love Olympics. I have loved them ever since I can remember, when my sisters and I would pretend we were gymnasts like Shannon Miller, Amanda Borden, Kerri Strug, or figure skaters like Kristi Yamaguchi, Oksana Baiul, or Nancy Kerrigan. We played speed skating in the driveway, and of course wanted to be like Dan Jansen. We put on "figure skating" competitions in our roller blades, as well as gymnastics competitions. I used to hum the NBC Olympic theme nonstop when they were on (I even own some of it on my iTunes now... yeah I'm really that cool). So when I say I love the Olympics... I mean I LOVE them!! Not just "OMG everyone is watching Michael Phelps and he is soooo hot!" (sounds a lot like my high school self though...)
Even though I haven't always loved sports, I really enjoy watching the Olympics. Any event, I'll watch whatever I can.
This also just made me realize I have passed my official four-year blogging anniversary. I say official as far as this blog goes since I actually had a blog in high school and then a xanga. But those posts are better left alone and lost in cyber space. I remember posting once four years ago about the summer Olympics, which is what reminded me of that. So happy blog-aversary to me! How much has happened in four years! In a lot of ways I am very much the same, but in more ways I am a different person. Time changes a person, that's for sure.
Anyway, just an update of nothing really, as not much is going on these days. I seriously need to recuperate from this week however, so peace out.
1 comment:
Come on, we all want to revisit those Xanga or Zanga days. Didn't I have one? Yikes, lets leave that to the internet.
Post a Comment