Sunday, April 15, 2012

One of the best perfumes... Now I smell like T Swift.  Can I please be just like her now?
I like to think that is a mockingjay also.


So, you remember I talked about how I've been getting a lot of headaches.  Unfortunately it hasn't really stopped, and last night was no exception.  It hounded me until after 3am.  My attempt to get rid of it, which actually worked for almost an hour, was a bath, candle, and green tea.  Honestly, if you ever have a headache, try just laying down in the bathwater for 20 minutes.  It was strangely miraculous, even if it didn't last long.

Today was a pretty good day, minus sleeping in late (even after working night shift, I hate sleeping in even though I do it all the time!).  I bought a couch-- hooray!  I'm really excited about it.  Nothing fancy, but it's the biggest piece of furniture I've ever bought.  I'll have to post pictures of my apartment once it's here-- so now it will actually look like an adult's apartment rather than some college kid's.

I hung out with my friend Melissa last night, and was really impressed with the decorating that she's done.  Most people I know who live alone (or even with roommates) just sort of put up picture here and there, but she's really made her apartment a warm and inviting environment.  Something mine really lacks right now.  I realized a lot of what has held me back is this hope that this is a temporary situation, me being "on my own."  Like, don't get too comfortable.  That's silly, because I should be able to enjoy the place I'm living and make it my own instead of holding myself back because of the what-if's and maybe's.  I'm not super creative, but I think with a little help from my friend Lauren and Pinterest, I just might actually accomplish something with my little hole in the wall apartment.

And so I am making a goal and posting it where I can't pretend I didn't say it.  I'm going to make a real effort to decorate and make my apartment a warm environment.  There!

Ah, making goals... I feel so motivated.  But I have to do it and not just say it!

1 comment:

Li said...

I hope your headaches get better soon! I will totally second the bath option! I was having headaches constantly for a while there and the one thing that helped was just soaking in the tub. :) I will say, what made my baths awesome were Lush Bath Bombs. They're amazing. I love Fizzbanger. If you haven't looked them up, check it out. Soooo good. :)