Wednesday, April 11, 2012

I think I am starting to develop cluster headaches.  I've been having really bad headaches that last between two and four hours, starting late afternoon and lasting into the early evening or later.  Upon doing some research, cluster headaches seems to be what it is.  So while I thought I've been coming down with something, it seems that cluster headaches is what it might be.  The problem is, I've never had frequent headaches.

I was thinking it also might be related to my blood pressure.  Yeah, I'm 24 and already dealing with hypertension.  I need to go to the doctor, I know.  So anyway, I tend to run systolic between 130s-140s, diastolic anywhere between 80-90.  I'm genetically pre-disposed to it, thanks a lot, Dad!  So anyway, tonight toward the end of my headache I drove up to the drug store and checked my bp.  150/81.  So I invested in an automatic bp machine so I can track it.  I've been tracking it at work, but I decided that is not an accurate way to do it since it is already going to be elevated from the stress.

Hoping to feel better within the next few days.  I have a lot more respect for people who deal with frequent headaches be it migraines or cluster, because it makes me exhausted and feel like all I want to do is sleep once they are over.

No comments: