Tonight I went back to Bible Study Fellowship, the first class of the year. I went some last year and the year before, but have not been truly committed for a very long time. Probably since half-way through college.
This year we are studying Acts and some of the epistles. I'm so excited. Sitting in my discussion group, our leader asked who had completed this particular study before, and before I realized it I was raising my hand. I did it before, and I had completely forgotten.
I went to BSF my senior year of high school after Christmas, and this was the study we worked on. I was transformed through it, how had I forgotten? For nearly the first time in my life, my faith was real to me... I lived my faith like I never had before. I craved those quiet moments in the Word, combing through verse after verse to learn everything I could. Who was God? What had He done for me, and how could I know Him better? Those were the questions that plagued me, yet pushed me deeper into my faith in a time when I was questioning all I believed.
Tonight, out of the blue, it was as if God was saying, "Natalie, see what I have done for you. It is good. You have forgotten." It feels like a milestone in this journey of mine, one of looking back and knowing that yes, it was good. It is good. I did forget, how did I forget? My vision has been so clouded with my selfishness, greed, self pity, and self-loathing, that I couldn't see.
I do not write this out of pretentiousness, but in truth. I am so looking forward to this special study, and re-discovering the journey I am on in the faith. A journey that I started a long time ago, though I've wandered off more than once. God began a good work in me all those years ago, and I know that He will be faithful to complete it.
No comments:
Post a Comment