Sunday, September 25, 2011

It was a beautiful weekend.


What a fun, wonderful, tiring weekend.

I hated to see it end, as we have spent a year anticipating and preparing for it, yet I'm also glad to see it end because now Brennan and Lauren can start their lives together.

The ceremony was beautiful. Pastor Rod did wonderfully. He spoke of Lauren being the answer to thousands of prayers prayed by Brennan and his parents (and friends, as well), and Brennan being the answer to thousands of prayers as well. Hearing that, I think back on the many times Lauren and I spoke of boys and marriage in high school and college. Both of us thinking we would probably never get married, but still hopeful. A little over a year ago, when I remember Lauren first telling me about Brennan after they met at a mutual friend's house, who would have thought we would be here now? It wasn't really a chance meeting, as God planned it, but at the time it really seemed that way, and look where it led.

After a long night of sleep last night, (only had two hours Friday night, thanks a lot, night shift) I'm sitting here with the blues, but still so happy for them. I always get post-wedding blues. Please don't think it's feeling sorry for myself, it is just the anticipation of the event and just like that it is over. I run through each moment again and again in my mind, thankful for God's faithfulness in my friend's journey so far. It isn't to say that if circumstances were different, God would be unfaithful, but to see how He has led Lauren to this moment is really neat.

As I said before, I don't feel sorry for myself. But that same familiar longing creeps in now and again, and obviously a little more than usual after a wedding. I'm trusting in God's faithfulness and goodness. Whether He gives what I (selfishly) want or has something different in mind, He gives abundantly. So I must keep my focus on Him, becoming the woman He would have me be, (in all my awkwardness) whether it is with a man or not.

Thankfully I'm not due back at work until Tuesday night. In the meantime, I will rest. I'm so tired. Tired, but satisfied.

No comments: