Wednesday, September 7, 2011

In looking at the picture below, I realized I look quite domestic with a cook book on the shelf. But that's where it stays, on the shelf. I never, ever cook. It's sad. I just don't enjoy cooking, I'd rather bake but then everything you bake is way unhealthy. So I don't do any of it.

Albus is sooo sweet, has been so much fun (if a bit of a pill at times). Things he likes: perching on my shoulder, chasing around the laser pointer, having his ears scratched, and snuggling. Things he hates: when I shower, when I make him sleep in the bathroom because he won't stop attacking my feet at night (don't worry, he has a litter box and plenty of food and water in there and room to play), and when I have to do my hair or put on make up (because he can't be right in my face at all times).

This week at work: I experienced my first full-blown CODE and patient death, though it wasn't actually my patient. It was a nightmare of a code, the worst I could have imagined (it happened on the floor), but I was glad I got to help in any way I could. When it was over I felt like I was going to vomit from the adrenaline rush, it was so bad, and I had a headache half the night (all I can say is, I believe God gives us supernatural strength in times like that). It was an emotionless thing, however, which surprised me. There's a wall between you and your patients most of the time, and I intend to keep that wall there. Otherwise I couldn't cope with work.

The count-down to Lauren's wedding has begun, and I'm getting things ready for the bachelorette party. No, no craziness like drunken binges or strippers kind of bachelorette party, it will be very tame and wholesome with lots of fun involved! I can't wait, and I'm so excited and happy for Lauren and Brennan. When they got engaged almost a year ago, the wedding seemed so far away, and yet here we are now.

Life has found a new rhythm, and I'm happy with it. God is showing Himself to me as my source of comfort and provision, and though I'm not always happy, I can trust Him and His goodness. It's enough, especially when nothing else is.

No comments: