Meet my new room.
This is the "hers" side of the bathroom.
Everything- both the his and hers, the entire room
Were all this disgusting color of baby barf blue.
Also, ignore the carpet- new carpet is being put in tomorrow.
The view from the doorway. It is not your imagination that the back wall looks curved, because it is. I'm actually very frustrated because this limits where I will be able to put a bed without it looking weird except right in the middle of that wall.
I spent almost 11 hours at my new townhouse yesterday painting. We have almost finished the downstairs living room. After we were done with that, I proceeded to spend two hours taping up the baseboards, windows, outlets, and bathroom counters in my room. Then about another five hours of painting-- had to run home and take some ibuprofen to ward off a headache and pick up some screwdrivers to take down the mirrors and curtains-- and with some help from my roommate, I was able to finish it by 9 o'clock. Phew! I never knew painting could be so time-consuming and difficult! Thanks Dad for being the one to do it for us all these years! (and while I'm on that note I send out another thousand thanks to my dad for mowing the lawn all my life and never making us girls do it-- I never knew how hard that was either)
So, like I said, I went with gallery taupe for the walls because the colors in my comforter are too odd to actually use as a room color. I decided to go neutral, and will, with Lauren's help, decorate it to make it look warmer and more inviting.
I will post pictures of downstairs after we have actually moved in and it doesn't look so messy. I'm so excited about moving! The room is incredibly spacious, and I can hardly believe I have all that space to myself! I'm exhausted from yesterday and still have more to do today! Can't wait to see what it all looks like when we are finished!
No comments:
Post a Comment