Thursday, October 14, 2010

Moving

I'm quite weary of this entire process we call "moving." I feel as though I am living in limbo between two houses, taking apart one and putting together the other.

Although I'm tired of it and ready for it to be over, I do love it. I've never moved before. And I never knew how tiring it is. I'm only moving 15 miles away, so I can't imagine how hard it must be to move 500 or more miles away when you can only make one trip with all of your belongings. There is an excitement, even amidst my tiresome complaints, that surrounds my drives back and forth, endless hours of painting, and trips up and down the stairs to carry what "junk" I have collected over the years.

It's a new beginning. Ok, ok, so it's a new beginning 15 miles from the home in which I grew up, but to me it's a new beginning. I'm excited about being in a new place, meeting new people, and just having an overall new rhythm to life.

No comments: