The sales clerks are so snobby. The instant I walk in, I can see it in their faces: "Why is she here? She looks frumpy and poor." Or something along those lines. I walked into one today, dressed in somewhat grungy (more along the lines of really comfy) jeans and gray shirt, my hair was a little froey (it's humid and I have curly hair! I'm entitled a froey-haired day or two once in awhile), and the sales lady wouldn't even look at me. Had it not been for the second sales lady who was a tad bit nicer after she found out I was interested in buying, I might have walked out.
It really bothered me. I went into that store having seen a super cute sweater that I wanted to buy. She might have lost a sale because of her attitude, but I really wanted it so I set aside my pride and bought it. I secretly hoped she felt stupid, because it cost good money. I know, I know, that's really mean of me, but it is so wrong for sales clerks to judge people by their appearance. I know they do, because I have shopped in much nicer clothes in the past and been treated differently. Try it yourself.
Maybe I should Pretty Woman their ass... (anyone watch the Office last night?)
So I'm pretty fashion-challenged at times, and sometimes just give up. I'm trying to improve in that area. I really do love clothes and fashion, but I'm challenged when it comes to piecing together a great outfit out of what I already have.
Anyway, today was a good day of good purchases. Bought myself a cadillac
You can see how exciting my life is.
And it is October! The start of the best three months out of the year. I was talking with my mom today, about how as humans we are such creatures of habit, of tradition. October comes, we love that the weather cools down just like last year, we start seeing pumpkin patches popping up at all the Methodist churches, and knowing that Thanksgiving is just around the corner, followed by Christmas. We like it to be the same. We like the security of tradition, of memories.
And I love it. Bring it on!
1 comment:
Pretty Woman their assess....hahhahahah. That is hilarious. You should! Yes, happens all the time, oh well.
Post a Comment