A shopping day is one of my very favorite things. Petty and quite materialistic, I know, but buying a new outfit that looks great is just the best ever. If you need a confidence boost, just buying a new top can be so great. And may I just say, that wearing pretty underwear as well can do the same? No one else knows... only you! So buy a pretty pair of undies ladies!
Work, it is going ok. More and more, I'm feeling like a nurse. Though still, my confidence can be at rock bottom and I feel incompetent at times. There are days I look at myself 10 months ago and see how far I've come as a nurse, and then still there are days I see the same wanna-be nurse I was then. Talking to other nurses I know this is normal, but I wish I always felt confident in my decisions and my skills. Just yesterday I was unsuccessful twice in putting a foley catheter in a guy, and felt so down (even though I know nursing is not about skills!)... but when the charge nurse was also unsuccessful, well then I didn't feel so bad. Things I have gotten better at? I'm not afraid of calling doctors anymore (well... not always afraid). There are still times I want a second nurse's opinion before calling a doctor, but I do feel as though I'm learning to know when it is smart to do so. I used to be afraid of asking for specific things from doctors, but not as much now.
Life? Well, it's life! I suppose that's how it goes. I'm looking forward to my trip to DC in a few months. Yeah! I love traveling! Someday I want to be world traveler. I'll need a little more money for that though.
I also look forward to a possible Disney day next week. It's been about 3 months since I've gone. What's up with that, Allison?!
No comments:
Post a Comment