Monday, August 16, 2010

Savannah

At the River Walk in Savannah, GA-- me glowing a little

We got to eat at Paula Deen's restaurant The Lady and Sons


I just got back from a GREAT two days in Savannah, GA, with the Kerchers and my mom and sisters. What a blast! I wish I didn't have to go to work tomorrow, but I'm glad that I got to have a fun few days and spend it with family and friends. I did get a couple Eugenia Price books from an antique store, since they don't publish them anymore. We spent yesterday on a trolley tour through Savannah, and an evening on the River Walk, ending the night at the hotel pool. Today we got to eat at Paula Deen's restaurant, which was delicious! It is kind of tedious to get in, because you have to wait in line for a reservation. I think I may have gained about five pounds eating there.

Well, a nice couple of days, but now it's time to get back to reality. I have a bit of a rough work schedule the next week, but will get through it.

2 comments:

Li said...

Looks like you guys had a great time in Savannah! How was Lady and Sons? I always think Paula Deen's food looks good, but I tend to simultaneously think that I don't want to die of clogged arteries at the age of 25... ;)

Natalie said...

It was good, though honestly not quite as good as I thought it would be. Of course the Food Network hypes it up a little too much. Still, excellent fare I'd say. I probably don't have to go back again, but am glad I can now say that I went.