I went on a little spur of the moment trip to Orlando this week. It was great! Of course, it included an afternoon/evening in Epcot and the Magic Kingdom (but what would a trip to Orlando be without stopping at Disney?). While I was driving down, I thought about how great it really is that I can do things like that. If only for a night, I'm able to get away for a little "mini vacay" almost anytime that I want to. This time wasn't quite the same since Allison has just moved into her new house and was still getting settled in, but it was nice to be with her and I think we were able to encourage each other during discouraging times.
I'm struggling with a lot of discontentment in my life right now. Wondering, where is God going to take me? What am I going to do for the rest of my life? I feel there is no place of belonging for me right now. Not at church, or at work, among my friends, anywhere, really. I'm wondering how many times can you beat the dead horse, but this is something that seems to be a theme in my life lately. I have struggled with a lot of loneliness in my life, for the want of companionship and friendship that is void.
Big Saturday plans this week? A 3-hour nap! Oh, yeah! That just shows you how exciting my life really is. Of course, I'm tired from work (I feel like that is always the case... but it's true). Yesterday was pretty bad. I hope this week is better. I keep hoping for a good day, but it's been awhile. Somehow though, we get through it.
1 comment:
I get the discontentment deal and not really fitting anywhere. Right now I'm trying to decide whether I don't really fit or if I just make myself that way. I feel like a lot of the time I limit myself in the people I could know or the things I could experience. Loneliness is tough and I'm just trying how to change things up... Where exactly does one go to pick up friends????
If you ever get super lonely (and have vacation time and money for a plane ticket), come visit me! At least I know my way around the city now... ;)
Post a Comment