I find that I have little to talk about outside of work. On days off, I have almost zero energy for anything besides laying around. Right now I'm sitting on my bed under my comforter, a nice cup of Highlander Grogg coffee on the night stand, with Dr. Oz on as background noise. And it's almost 11 o'clock. Not quite sure how to break out of a routine like this really. It's nice, but I know I miss out on a lot when I do it.
On the news front in my life, I am meeting with a girl today who may be a potential roommate. I hope it works out, I hope that we get along ok. I'm not great at making a good first impression, but hopefully it will be something that works out. In the next month I will be needing to find a place as my current living situation will be changing. One thing I know I can say is that living alone is awful. Especially for an introvert like me.
So, back to work. The last two days were pretty bad. Well, mainly yesterday. Three of my four patients were discharges. You might think discharging patients is easy, and sometimes it is, but all three discharges were absolute train wrecks. Doctors being difficult, then patients being difficult and making ridiculous demands, and still doctors not following through and doing what they should be doing. I've never had such a ridiculous day. Thank God all of them were stable, because I wouldn't have had time to deal with everything else on top of that. All I can say is I'm glad that day is over! I'm hoping for a better day tomorrow, but we'll see.
Well, life continues, just the same as it has. That's a good thing, even if it is boring. There are worse things in life than monotony and boredom. I guess I'll be finding out soon about any changes in my living situation, which is kind of exciting. Hope everyone has a good week!
No comments:
Post a Comment