Tuesday, September 22, 2015

A Bit of Discouragement

Disouraging, discouraging week on the fitness front around here.  Wow, let me just say that while hard work pays off in many ways, slacking in other areas has its consequences.

My motivation was in the drain this morning as a result, but I forced myself to go work out and go for a run afterward.  I felt pretty good while I was lifting, but my run just had me pretty much defeated... even though it was a short one.  I finished, but not strong.  Yikes.  Here's hoping this is only a temporary setback because let me tell you... it does not feel good.  Most of all I know that this is the time when it is easiest to give up because it feels like it's not working.  But the thing is, I have still seen AMAZING results, made incredible strides, and am still making gains.  Yay!

I'm working on some new strategies for holding myself accountable.  And by accountable, yes I mean accountable on what I am eating on a daily basis.  I honestly thought I was doing so well, but after really thinking about the past few weeks and being honest with myself, I started to remember multiple instances of indulging just a little too much.  Stressful nights at work when I gave in to emotional eating.  Getting an extra sweet here and there... adding up to multiple times in a short time.  Over all, YES I have been eating healthy.  But there have been too many of those "in-between" times that I thought were just the exception, only to realize they were becoming the norm.

I've identified the times when I know it is hardest.  Evenings at home, being out with friends, and extra stressful OR extra slow nights at work.  So I'm working on what I need to do in order to not overeat, emotionally eat, or eat out of boredom.  I think just identifying those triggers for me is absolutely key.  Putting a plan into action is the next key!

But I'm doing great otherwise!  New change is coming... change I am oh-so-excited about!  More later!

No comments: