Saturday, October 17, 2015

Half Marathon and New Goals

Well, I finished my very first half marathon on Sunday!

Official time: 2:05:37.  My goal was 2:10, and I beat it.  Crossing that finish line was exhilerating.  One of the best experiences I've ever had.

And I'm not stopping there.  I am signed up for the Iron Man 70.3 (that is a Half Iron Man) next summer.  And there's no off-season for that one.  Pre-training already started.  I have more strength to build before then, more endurance to work toward.  I can't get complacent for the winter.  Each day is going to be one step closer to the 70.3 and I am excited.

It's going to be hard, I know that.  I already spent two hours of my morning in a kick-ass spinning class followed by weights.  It was hard.  And that's only the beginning.

But I'm so excited!  Learning my limits and then pushing past them has been amazing!  I want to keep getting better and I can't wait to see how the next nine months goes!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congrats! That's awesome!!! :)