Life has been incredibly busy of late. Between traveling, working, moving, and triathlon training, I feel as though I haven't slowed down for weeks now. I am definitely enjoying the pace of life, but also feel that I need a break... a reset. But I don't know when or if that will actually be able to come about.
I had to say goodbye last week to my best friend, Bela, who moved to Wisconsin to be closer to her beau. We have spent the past year and a half as travel nurses and roommates, essentially spending almost every day together in that time. The bond that developed between us has become a sisterhood. Saying goodbye was truly one of the hardest things I've ever had to do. Not only saying good bye to a friend and sister, but to a wonderful season of life. And being on the brink of the next season, whatever that may be.
The good in life lately is that I continually find myself more free with each passing day. Letting go of hurt, sadness, and pain is a continuous, every-day task. But letting go I am, and with each passing day it gets easier. While I am truly happy and content with where my life is at this time, there are certainly days that the weight of loneliness can be overwhelming.
And although I'm lonely, I'm taking a break. A break from dating, a break from looking for Mr. Right. A break from constant self-scrutiny of "Am I pretty enough? Am I thin enough? Am I enough?" (for I never think I am) It isn't as though I spend all of my time dating and looking for men. But I have spent a considerable amount of time on it, worried constantly about what men might think of me... perusing dating profiles in hopes of seeing one who can catch my eye... only to see myself as inadequate and undeserving of another's love. Dating a man in hopes of sparking something, only to be disappointed. I'm just done with it for awhile. I'm tired. Finding a husband isn't the end-all be-all of my life. But it is something that has been on my mind more and more lately. Yet it only seems to end in constant disappointment.
But my life is my own. And so I am taking the next few months to simply look after myself. To take care of my body, feed it well, train it well. To invest in friendships and hobbies. To do things that make me happy. To find rest and continued healing in nature. And to simply accept myself for who I am... every bit of me.
No comments:
Post a Comment