Sunday, February 8, 2015

What Next?

Do you ever sometimes just look at your life and wonder, what comes next?

While I enjoy each day for what it is, I have certainly found myself wondering this.  In my job I have gone just about as far as I'm going to without grad school.  I have felt this way before, but not since my old job back in Florida.  Travel nursing provided a good and awesome distraction from that feeling, but now that I'm established in my current job it feels very... dead-end.

Been thinking really seriously about my professional future.  I look at what I'm doing now.  It's great work, I love it.  But if in twenty years this (i.e. floor nursing) is all I have to show for a career, that will be very depressing.  Not that this work doesn't have a purpose.  Don't get me wrong in what I'm saying here.  But I have begun to have a restlessness about me and I don't know what the answer is right now.

So if you are one who prays, I need serious prayer right now.  For that and for other things in my life.  I need guidance.

Feeling this way sucks.  It may be a fleeting feeling, but I don't think it is.  And I don't really know what the answer is.

No comments: