I have to admit, I was really scared about driving a moving truck across country. Though in this day and age it's a lot safer than it once was with the technology we have, it's still an unnerving task for two women by themselves. Not to mention we were hearing stories about snow being a possibility this time of year through some of the mountain passes in the north. But-- thank goodness-- we did NOT deal with that!! The truck we rented held up... and we had a blast through those four days singing at the top of our lungs, car-dancing, along with many long best-friend-heart-to-heart talks. Bela has grown to be as close as a sister in the past year and I've been so grateful for her friendship in my life. Of course I would never tell her that! Kidding.
So we have moved everything into our apartment. No internet yet at this time, so I am at Starbucks with a decaf Americano, just giving myself permission to turn my brain off for the night and relax. I go back to work tomorrow night for a three-in-a-row. I'll think then but for now, I've kind of reached my stopping point for the day. Life has been insanely non-stop recently. And I've loved it, but I'm also ready for a bit of a break!!
I still can't believe I made this leap. Yesterday I sat down on the floor of my living room, looked around at all my stuff... stuff that once sat in a little one-bedroom apartment in Jacksonville, FL. And I realized, I live here now. No move is ever permanent, but the travel nursing deal was definitely always incredibly temporary. I definitely knew I was not going to go back to Florida, but there was never any sort of settledness about it. But this... is different. And for right now where I'm at in my life... it's what's right.
Life has been so full and so good the last year and a half. I've learned things about myself. I've grown so much. And there's so much more growing left to do. So many more ups and downs. I feel like I'm learning to see life always as first and foremost, an adventure. I hope I'll never stop seeing it that way. I hope I'll always tackle life and everything I do with passion. I hope I don't become jaded because the truth is, it's so damn easy to be that way. I've been there before... I could definitely be there again.
Anyway, I'm just excited for the future right now!
No comments:
Post a Comment