Been dealing with some really frustrating insomnia as of late. I'm not sure why... there seems to be a heaviness weighing on me the past few days and it won't let up. I think it's mostly related to the upcoming traveling (I'm going to St. Louis Wednesday, fly back four days later and then after that going to Hawaii for a week) and then immediately after that a huge cross-country move. I feel like my mind is constantly going a hundred miles an hour, dwelling on everything that needs to be done in the next month instead of just taking things one day at a time. I go to sleep at night exhausted, but I'm waking up between three and four almost every day, after tossing and turning all night. Anyway... hopefully it will end soon.
On a more positive note... after being out for an entire month, I've been able to start running again! Small amounts, but it's running and it feels good and my foot has felt pretty good so far! I ran a mile on Friday, then a mile and a half yesterday. I don't think I'll do more than two miles at a time for a couple weeks. I don't want to overdo it, and find myself back to square one or with an even worse injury. Even though I'm frustrated (I feel so out of shape, therefore I've gained a little weight, which makes me feel worse... but it's not the end of the world!!!) the worst thing I can do is push myself too hard.
And that's another thing I'm working on. I tend to go all or nothing when it comes to exercise and "taking care" of my body. And I'm working on being kind to myself. I love my body... and although it's not in the exact shape I would like for it to be right now, I'm not loving it or taking care of it if I push myself beyond my limits and then injure my body. Honestly, that's probably why it got injured in the first place. Overuse injury most likely. So if I love my body, I'll take care of it. Which means I won't be running five miles for quite some time now, and that's ok. I'm going to celebrate the small victories as they come. And this week's victory is just being able to get back out there!
So all this insomnia has me doing a lot more thinking, so hopefully at least I'll pay a bit more attention to this blog. Not that I expect people to be that interested in what I have to say here, but it is nice to just kind of get things off my chest.
No comments:
Post a Comment