I don't usually let a month go by without posting anything here. I haven't really had a whole lot to say. I've been busy with working and living life. Doing a lot of thinking, taking care of myself.
I feel like I'm in the best place I've been in a long time-- maybe ever. I feel better than I've ever felt. I've made strides I didn't think I could make.
I've kept up with my walking all summer. This week I changed it to running, and amazed myself by running a mile straight-- two different days. It doesn't sound like much but for me, it is. I know that the extra weight I was carrying was holding me back from being able to do that. Something that I thought would be impossible a few months ago I have been able to do, and it wasn't even that hard. I'm already starting to think about possible 5k runs. This would never have been the case three months ago!
And another new activity I've added this week: swimming. I love it! My sister Hannah is training for a light triathlon and asked me if I would want to swim with her to help keep her motivated. Turns out I'm actually pretty good at it, plus it's great exercise! I've been needing something new for awhile now. Variation keeps me from getting bored, and makes me love being active!
So I'm celebrating small victories this week. I think the small victories really are the biggest ones. They have come when I've least expected them, and resulted from a lot of hard work.
No comments:
Post a Comment