Sunday, June 16, 2013

I wonder what makes people think that they have the right to tell you what they think of your body.  Or thought of your body before you began a transformation.  For one, the fact that I am making efforts to be healthy and exercise and take care of myself does not automatically mean I have spent the past three years hating my body.  In fact, it was only recently that I fell into that mindset.

My point is, I was fine with my body at the time, why weren't you?  What makes you think that you can insult me for the way I looked for so long, just because I look a little different now?

I feel like I should make the disclaimer that this was not a family member or close friend who made this comment.  None of them ever would.  It just reinforces how I feel about the idea of each individual's body image.  It's different for everyone.  And it is simply never ok to talk to someone about their weight, their size, their eating or their exercise habits unless they ask you.  What is wrong with our society that we think we have the right to do that?  I have no problem with someone commenting about my weight loss, but when you take it a step further to insult the way I looked for so long (and so very recently), it hurts.

Anyway... thankfully I do feel much better than I did and it hasn't discouraged me at all.  Just reinforced the fact that people can be real assholes.  Well, that is all for now.

No comments: