I am sad to be away from family for Christmas this year.
But after saying goodbye to my family tonight before they drive up north tomorrow, I was listening to Christmas music in my car on the drive home. And I was thinking about how Christmas has sort of been stripped down to the bare essentials this year. If even that. But how I have enjoyed the simplicity of that for once. No non-stop Christmas parties, no eating too much food that you're hardly enjoying it... Just overall, drama free.
I'll be working until early Christmas morning, and I'll sleep a little after. Allison will be coming up since she is also stuck in Florida thanks to work. I don't know yet what exactly is planned. Listen to Christmas music, maybe go eat a Christmas dinner somewhere that it's served, see the Hobbit. Simple. We won't be alone, which is what matters.
I love my family, but I am looking forward to a simple Christmas this year. Something I've never really had before.
No comments:
Post a Comment