Wednesday, January 2, 2013

2013

2013 is here. Every year we do it. We look back on the past year and re-evaluate everything. What did I accomplish last year? What do I want to accomplish this year? We make goals, which are often never met. I know for me, I look for what has defined the year. When I look back on 2012, what will I remember?

2012 has been a year in which I've essentially been on my own. Of my own choice, because I've spent much of it re-evaluating myself and who I am, why I do the things I do and say the things I say, what I believe, etc. it's been a selfish quest, yes, but that's not something I fool myself about. I'm in what many people would consider to be an awfully selfish place. But you know what? I've decided now is a better time than ever to be selfish. You can't be selfish with others depending on you financially or emotionally. You do that, and hurt them. Thank God it's just me right now. If I fail no one's going down with me.

I'm very optimistic about 2013. I've made some resolutions but decided not to share them. Only that I hope this year is defined by peace and growth. I think this will be a good year.

No comments: