Monday, October 1, 2012

Thanks to a friend's Pinterest board that she made to promote a positive body image, I was inspired to make several boards on my own Pinterest to promote my own positive body image.  One I made simply called "Body Image."  On this board I chose inspirational quotes, celebrities who have "normal" bodies, full-figured women, etc.  My other boards are "Curly Hair," and "Tall Girls."

I hope to not only promote a positive body image in myself, but to encourage other women to as well.  One pin, of the Ryan Gosling "Hey Girl" memes, simply states: "Hey girl, start a revolution.  Stop hating your body."  Although meant to be funny, it struck me as very poignant and thought-provoking.  It doesn't mean let yourself go, be as unhealthy as you want.  However, there is a point where one has to say, this is my body.  Why am I letting the opinions of people I know and people I have never even met and never will meet, affect how I view myself?  Affect how I treat myself, and how I view others as well?

I always felt I was born with an unfortunate combination of characteristics.  Even though I feel I have done a fairly good job of loving my body, there have been many other aspects of myself I have hated.

It sound cliche, but there really is no one else on earth like me.  And that is the truth, even if it is a cheesy truth.

No comments: