Thursday, December 8, 2011

A pleasant morning...

I'm home from what was an amazingly easy, slow, pleasant night at work. That never happens. Not. Ever.

Melissa came home for a visit yesterday, and will be here until Tuesday. I'm off until Wednesday. Even though I just worked every other night for the past week (and let me tell you, that's a lot harder than it sounds!), it's ok because this will be a good week.

When I drove home from work yesterday morning, the weather was warm and muggy. When I drove to work last night, it had cooled down to the 50s. This morning, in the low 40s. I'm SO GLAD the weather is cool!

I'm so happy it is Christmastime. I'm happier than I've been in a long time. It doesn't mean things are perfect, because they are far from it. But for once, life feels like it has settled just a little bit.

No comments: