Somehow I think I have managed to recover from the trip, at least a little. I spent the night with my parents so I could get up to work on my ECG rhythm class. (my computer cord is fried so I have to borrow theirs) That class took me seven hours! I had a headache afterward but was thankful I passed that test on the first try. I know, I know, I've known this was due July 17th for weeks and weeks. Of course I left it for the last day. I did try to log in while I was in Illinois, but it wouldn't work. Turns out I just had the address wrong and if I would have just called work they could have helped me. But it's done, and that's what matters.
I did get some yard work done today, that is a plus. However, less than half-way through mowing the front lawn the mower decided it wasn't going to work anymore. Great.
So, it's back to work in the morning. I guess I'm ready to go back, and hopefully it won't be a terrible day. Eleven days off was definitely JUST what I needed. I was getting to the point of almost hating my job, and that's not good. (who knows, maybe I will by tomorrow night) And let me tell you, vacation did come at a good time for more than one reason. Somehow or other, I hurt my back. Still have never figured out how, but last Thursday morning as I was leaning over the sink washing my face, I randomly felt a sudden twinge in my back. It hurt, and as the day went on it progressively got worse. I literally could hardly walk it was so painful. It went on for about 4 days, and even until yesterday it was still a little sore. There would have been no way I could have worked with my back like that. Today it has not hurt at all, thankfully, so it looks like it got better just in time! I can't pin-point exactly what happened, but I do have an idea and it did involve work. I am so careful with body mechanics to ensure my safety, but we'll just say that sometimes patients exhibit super-human strength out of nowhere, and your back takes the back shelf. (no pun intended)
Anyway, still feeling a little blue from being home after such a wonderful trip. But it is time to get back to reality. Can't live in a fantasy world forever!
No comments:
Post a Comment