I wonder if this is what postpartum depression is like.
I am done with school. Other than the distribution of our resource guide that we made for our community project, I have nothing left to do. But I feel... sad. Depressed. I don't have that normal end-of-semester high. I will be pinned one week from today. I will graduate a week from tomorrow. Why do I feel sad? I can't figure it out.
Ahh, nursing school. I think it's been a love-hate relationship, and one that I will truly miss. We were talking about it today-- that as much as we complain, whine, and say that we hate school, we really do love it. And honestly- this is going to sound silly-- but what is my role after this? I'm not having an identity crisis here. I just don't know what to do with myself. School has literally defined me for seventeen years.
I have worked hard to get here. I'd think I'd feel differently at this point- yet why don't I? We'll see how I feel in a few days. Maybe it's just exhaustion- both physically and emotionally.
1 comment:
Natalie,
I was the same way. I felt completely out of sorts when I had expected to be flying high. Rest up. It will be better next week when you have had time to catch up and reflect. I am sure the exhaustion has something to do with it. As for your identity, you are an awesome young lady who will be defined as a graduate, a nurse, and a beautiful child of God.
I am so proud of you,
Liz
Post a Comment