I don't update this blog as much as I used to. Life is very ordinary and mundane from day to day, and I just don't have much to say, even now. And since Saturday seems to have consistently been my day to update, here I am.
I am trying to find motivation to get back into exercising. It seems that every couple of months I look in the mirror and nothing has changed from the last time I made that promise to be healthy. I never last more than a couple of weeks on a healthy kick. Believe me, I'm not one to diet. But when I resolve to be healthy, it just doesn't last and I can't figure out how to find something that works for me. And regular exercise? Forget finding time for that! I do it when I can, but then along comes two weeks of quizzes and midterms, leaving time for little else besides the library. Maybe I have it all wrong. My ultimate goal in making these promises to myself is typically because I want to have that "model body," not because I want to be truly healthy. I realize that eating processed foods sets me up for gaining weight in the long run, along with other health risks like colon cancer. I know that I'm setting myself up for having a high cholesterol when I eat foods high in fat, and my salty cravings will result in hypertension. But all of that is so... long term. I know these things, but I can't really believe that I need to worry about them NOW. It's frustrating!
Watching the news on healthcare, and wondering where it's going to go in this country. I'm really worried. I'm thankful that despite the economy I will be able to find a job, but quite frankly it scares the hell out of me to think of working for a socialized (or universal, or whatever you want to call it) system. Not that I think the system we have now is great.
I've been working on the book Guilty by Ann Coulter. It's been a good read, and she has a lot of good things to say. I wish more conservatives would speak out like she does, even if she can be somewhat of a jerk. But at the same time I'm absolutely sick of politics, left and right, blah blah blah. Everybody should just agree with me! (kidding)
OB clinical starts on Monday. I have two days this week, which should be interesting. Most weeks we will be going for two days. I will be in labor and delivery first day. What a way to kick off OB! I have never watched a delivery before so I'm a little nervous about how I will handle it. I'll let you know how it goes. Until then, have a great week!
2 comments:
I hope you are doing ok after your rough start to the week. My week last week was really tough. And getting your car crunched always helps!
Yes, motivation to be healthy. If not to look good, which is a benefit, to also have a healthy heart, liver, kidneys, thyroid, lungs, skeletal system, nervous system...ok you get it. Hypertension and diabetes scare the bejeezus out of me. Plus I feel like a slug when I am not exercising. Which I have decided to sit on my butt tonight and have a slow night instead of going to the gym. Plus Biggest Loser is on and I love that show.
Thanks. It was a rough start, and even now I'm just kicking myself out of the mortification of it all... ugh. I feel too stupid for this some days!
Post a Comment