Thursday, December 18, 2008

This has been such a relaxing break. Unfortunately I have been extremely lazy, but it feels so good after the semester I had. I got my final grades, and even after looking at them I still can't believe that I passed. Talk about a miracle. I think that was the first time in my life I have ever really thought I was going to fail a class. It has been a horrible two months, and I'm glad it's over!

I leave for St. Louis on Sunday. I'm looking forward to it. I love flying during the Holidays. The hustle and bustle of people, excited to be seeing their family. Last year Allison and I flew up together, and we ended up talking to this guy (or rather he ended up talking to us) and he was on leave from the military and going to see his mom in St. Louis, but he talked our ear off. I think we just looked at each other the whole time laughing, because he reminded me of a hyper puppy or something. I think we heard from him about a hundred times that it was 35 degrees in St. Louis, and he also welcomed us to hell several times. I don't think he was a fan of the midwest. When we were sitting in the terminal waiting to board our plane in Jax, a really cute guy was there, and I bet Allison ten bucks that I would end up next to him on the plane. When we got on the plane, this other guy was next to Allison, and he offered to trade with me and sat in my spot so that Allison and I could sit together. Then who comes walking down the aisle to sit next to that guy, but the cute guy. I'd have won that bet! :) Good times, and I'm pretty sure the only person who just enjoyed that story was Allison.

Tatyana is getting married on Saturday. I'm so happy for her. It will be a Russian wedding, so it should be interesting. I'm pretty sure that me and my nursing friends will be the only Americans there. I have heard that they are very long. My friend Natalia told me that real Russian weddings last two days. Yikes, I'm glad this one won't be like that. I don't think I would ever want to go to a two-day wedding.

Oh, and I finally saw Twilight last week! Such a good movie, I would definitely recommend it. The acting is not superb, but the story is and Rob Pattinson most definitely is so go see it. But read the book first.

6 comments:

Callie Glorioso-Mays said...

hehe! I absolutely loved your story about the cute guy on the airplane!! :) It reminds me of the bet that you, Allison and I have going...my goodness! It's been YEARS and none of us have won it yet! I miss you, Nat!! Would you have time to talk if I call you this weekend?

Natalie said...

Yes, apparently we are losers... Allison might be winning soon, you should ask her.

Callie Glorioso-Mays said...

What?!? You're kidding! I am totally going to ask her now!

Li said...

Congratulations on finishing out the semester! I can't believe you got your grades so soon. When was your last day?

Is St. Louis really considered the Midwest?

And I enjoyed the story. It made me smile. :o)

Natalie said...

Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, all those fun states up there are the midwest.
My last day of school was December 12.

Allison said...

"Welcome to hell!!!!" That was the funniest, yet annoying thing at the same time. And you are down $10 because that same guy switched seats!! I'll miss flying with ya!