Well, it's over. I got through it, and passed by the grace of God alone. I haven't gotten my final grades yet but I calculated it and I made it. I can't believe it- I prepared myself for failure since October and when I saw the score on my final I cried. I never expected that I would pass! It may not seem like such a big deal but if you don't pass any class/clinical, you don't get to continue with your class. Sadly we lost three people, which makes me really upset because that could easily, easily be me.
I haven't really done much of anything since the break started. I went shopping on Saturday, and hung out at Tricia and Alex's the past two nights. I get to go back to Monday night BSF tonight and I'm so excited!!! And the next three weeks will be full of resting, seeing family, eating, hopefully playing in the snow (I HOPE!) and just fellowshipping.
I leave Sunday for St. Louis. I'm hoping for some snow while I'm there. It is 72 degrees right now here, and while I can't complain since we have had our fair share of cold weather this fall (more than I ever can remember this time of year), I do wish it felt more like Christmastime. If I have never mentioned it before I'll mention it now: I love cold weather. I would take a 20 degree day over 90 degrees with 80% humidity any day (and believe me, that is our weather nine months out of the year). No joke, that kind of weather is miserable! At least you still have good hair when it's cold. Humidity kills the curls, folks. I'm pretty sure Callie will have some words for me on this one... :)
All righty, time for a cheesy paragraph to talk about my feelings. Thank you to any of you who have been there for me this semester- supported me, encouraged me, prayed for me, or just given me a hug when I need it. You don't know how much that has meant to me and sometimes it would give me what I needed to get through that day. You know who you are, because it is most of you who read this. :) Anyway, I'm looking forward to the break and I hope I will be able to update more often now.
Praise God for getting me through!!
1 comment:
Congratulations on another semester of survival, dearest Nat! We've made it!
And on that note, I'd like to say that you really don't want a 20 degree day. That's what we have right now and 20 degrees fahrenheit plus a windchill factor makes for very grumpy people and misery. Granted, there is not doubt in my mind what time of the year it could possibly be. Bah humbug! ;o)
Post a Comment