Yes, depression. Writing that and acknowledging it feels so strange to me.
I realized today that possibly one reason I haven't acknowledged this fact is that I'm not exactly... sad. Mostly I feel nothing. Nothing but tired, fatigued, and zero energy 95% of the time. My mind feels muddled and struggles to concentrate.... which has made everyday tasks seem insurmountable at times. My insomnia hangs on, which only exacerbates things.
From the outside looking in, my life looks awesome. It really does. I have received comments about all the exciting and amazing things I do. And it's hard because what people don't see is that most of the time when I'm NOT doing those things (which are actually extremely far and few between... and honestly, are only ever half-enjoyed), I spend most of my time home. Alone. Unable to reach out to anyone. Sometimes I go for a run or to the gym. Most of the time I am simply laying around not doing much of anything but watching Netflix. Sadly, the Office and Parks and Rec are my friends these days.
How do you explain to people what you're really going through? I kept it hidden from even my closest friends and family for so long. Even the ones that knew bits and pieces weren't getting it all, because who wants to keep listening to the same crap over and over?
That's why I finally reached out and am getting into therapy. It's been a long time coming. And I can finally admit that I NEED HELP.
And even though I still feel like I'm barely keeping my head above water, I finally have a small flicker of hope. Hope to overcome. Hope to live fully. Hope for healing relationships and re-building bridges. I know tomorrow may not feel quite this bright, but for today I am thankful for the small light that just might be at the end of this tunnel.
No comments:
Post a Comment