I've been struggling lately.
I had a moment last night that really threw me into sadness I can't seem to climb out of, even this morning. I was scrolling through my newsfeed on Facebook last night and came upon a video that was "liked" by one of my friends. It was a wedding reception, where a groom and his groomsmen put on a choreographed dance for the bride. I'm a sucker for these kinds of things, so naturally I watched it.
As I watched it, I suddenly became overcome with sadness. Yes, sadness for myself and for what I don't have. I get it, it's silly to let something so simple have such control over my emotions. But to be honest, I have been having a really hard time with being single for the past few months. A hard time with a lot of things, to be honest.
I'm depressed, and I don't even have the energy or motivation to do anything about it. I've fallen back into old habits of disordered eating, struggling with my self-worth and body image, and simply hoping that these things will just go away on their own rather than actually doing something about them. I feel stuck. This week I have taken a complete break from running because between that and my disordered eating, I have not been taking care of my body. I needed the mental break. And I feel like a complete failure for this, after all the training and all I have accomplished in my fitness.
I am discouraged and sad about being single, and feeling like I will never meet a man who will love me with all of my flaws, struggles, and awkwardness, along with all the wonderful things I know I have to offer in a relationship. I dated a guy long-distance for a couple months this past spring. We hit it off really well on our first conversation. Had so much in common. Skyped pretty often, and finally got to spend a weekend together at the beginning of June. And I think he met me and was completely disappointed and not interested at all anymore. While I thought we got along well and had fun, I could tell that he simply wasn't feeling it. I pretty much was ghosted after that weekend.
And honestly, ever since then I have just been so discouraged and sad.
No comments:
Post a Comment