Sunday, April 5, 2015

The rhythm and pace of life lately has been nice.  Work, of course, is stressful, but my days off are rejuvenating and relaxing.  I've picked up the pace with my running, getting ready for Bloomsday.  It's my time for myself.  I love it.  Pushing myself to be better, to go farther, to run faster.  I never realized just how satisfying the challenge can be.  

Yoga has become a new hobby of mine as well.  I love yoga because it's a practice.  It isn't about being the best and the strongest.  It's about listening to your body and learning through practice.  It's amazing just how much change I have seen in my body thanks to yoga.  And I'm not talking about how my body looks-- because that's not what yoga is about.  I can't believe how much my flexibility has improved since my practice is more consistent.  My balance has improved.  And I can feel my strength improving with each passing day.  My back handles the heavy lifting at work.  

I feel like for the first time in my life, I'm treating my body the way it's supposed to be treated.  Feeding it for performance.  Pushing it for endurance and strength, not to attain a perfect body.  And allowing treats without guilt.

I'd like to hope that maybe I'm finally turning a corner here.

No comments: