Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Experience

Soon my best friend, Bela, is moving to Wisconsin.  We decided to take one last trip over to Seattle this weekend.  We've made several trips like that before.  And on those trips, as usual, great conversation happens.

They say friends are like your therapist who drinks with you.  This weekend was certainly a form of therapy.  Amazing when you can talk through shit and let go of burdens.  Or even just have a friend willing to help you carry those burdens.

The past several weeks have been incredibly healing.  This weekend certainly pushed me much farther along in that healing process.  Hurts that I was able to finally voice... releasing heartache and anger and mistrust... Knowing that while I may never know the "why" surrounding the past year of my life, I have finally reached a place where I can move on... in fact I have moved on.  And I have reached a place of incredible strength and growth.

"Experience, the most brutal of teachers.  But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Pretty much sums everything up for me.  Although I know life certainly has many more curveballs to throw at me, today I am in the best place I've been in a long time.  I feel settled, content.  Happy.  Excited for a future that for the first time in a long time, seems bright.

No comments: