I have long spent my life wondering what is truth. You see, I know all the "answers,"and try as I might, I often had a hard time with belief.
It kept me up at night, even as a very little girl.
I'm not sure I've ever doubted God's existence, although there have been times I've wondered. However I look around and I only see evidence of His existence. I know we can't be here by accident. I know there is some sort of purpose, some reason we are placed on this earth. My belief about God is probably different than the one in which I was raised in, however.
I felt guilty having these doubts and questions, and I never talked about them. It's taboo in most Christian circles I've ever been apart of. It only recently occurred to me that they aren't a mystery to God. He knows they're there, whether I outwardly express them or not. I have lately been in a period of doubt and questioning, of letting myself express those doubts and questions. I don't remember not having them.
I don't know what answers those questions will lead me to. I trust God has a purpose in letting me go through this, but I also wish He would just grant me faith to never question and to always believe. That just seems so much simpler to me. I think my biggest question lately has been, is there more than one path that leads to Him? Even just voicing that scares me.
Anyway, there is one thing I do know, and that is my belief that God is good.
PS
Anyone seen The Shack yet? I saw it last night and it gave me pause to think about these things.
No comments:
Post a Comment