Monday, March 16, 2015

New Body Resolutions

I've come up with a new resolution for myself: no more body analyzing.

I have realized the past several months that this has become a subconscious habit of mine.  I find myself constantly analyzing how my body looks nearly every time I look in the mirror.  Whether it's washing my hands, doing my hair or make-up, getting out of the shower, or even just walking by a mirror in public-- I'm always analyzing what my body looks like.

Why?  I don't know.  I don't actually hate my body anymore (I have days... yes, still have those days).  But when I have finally gotten my health on track and worked hard fueling my body the correct way... I have this fear that I'll "mess up" and end up right back where I was two years ago.  My warped way of thinking has me feeling as though this can happen overnight.

IT CAN'T.

I think coming off of a week of eating out, eating more desserts, I'm also finding myself in this mindset more.  Like this feeling of, "I totally screwed up!!!  I'm ruined!!"  And the thing is, I didn't spend the week overeating all of those foods.  It's laughable, I know.  But I think it's probably a pretty common feeling for most women.  It's just hard for me to admit.  

So this is something new I am going to be working on.

No comments: