I am coming off of a great week!
First of all, I finally, after four years of being a nurse, got my ACLS certification! That stands for Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support. I feel all nursey and ready to save a life now! Just have to keep myself refreshed on the material so I'll remember it.
Second, I spent a few days in Orlando at Universal Studios with my wonderful friends Bela, Priti (and her husband Brad), and their mom Miss Gita. Bela is my best friend from nursing school, one of the few I've kept in touch with. She has become one of my very best friends for life, and we had such a great time hanging out in Orlando! I was sad to come home, but there are always lots more good times to come!
We picked a great time of the year to go. The crowds were minimal (for a theme park) and the weather was hot but not too hot with very little rain. You can't win with Florida weather even in September, so you take what you can get. I have to say, after this week I can finally say I love Universal Orlando. I am a Disney girl through and through, so it was difficult for me to love Universal even though I've been three times before this. I was always comparing it to Disney in the past, but I think it takes being with the right people to learn to love something like this. I had a blast!
Here are some pictures from our time there.
The first night, at the hotel getting ready to go to dinner.
Me and Miss Gita, Bela and Priti's mom. One of the most genuine, sweet ladies I have ever known!
A pretty typical moment for us.
Enjoying yummy nachos and queso.
Miss Gita, Bela, and me.
All aboard the Hogwarts Express! The conductor declared us to be his wives, upon which Bela and I were excited to discover we are now sister wives!
Flying brooms. Or trying to.
In front of Hagrid's Hut
On a ride (similar to Teacups at Disney) with Miss Gita. I got called out over the loudspeaker on this ride to put away my cell phone. It was worth getting this picture!
Hogsmeade. Wish this was a real-life place!
I feel like I could join the Ministry of Magic with this hat.
Just goofing off
I've always wanted to take a picture with these since the first time I went to Universal. So we took one.
Getting photo-bombed by a t-rex
We went to the Animal Actors show. It was pretty cute!
Just before the Despicable Me ride. It was one of my favorites!
We got to meet Lucy Ricardo! She was slightly drunk.
We had tons o'fun at Universal Orlando!
Our last meal out before leaving at Pastamore at City Walk.
2 comments:
Looks like so much fun! I think the T-Rex photobomb may be one of my favorite pictures over.
Hello Natalie, So good to know you through your profile on the blogger. I am glad to stop by your blog and go through your recent post "A great week indeed".The photo's are amazing and by looking at those pictures one should know what a great week you had indeed. Well I am more glad to know that you are a christian Nurse. I am in the Pastoral ministry for last 33 yrs in the great city of Mumbai a city with great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reach out to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ ot bring healing to the broken hearted. We also encourage young people like you as well as adults to come to Mumbai to work with us on s short term missions trip. We would love to have you come with your friends to bring physical and spiritual healing to the oppressed, neglected and marginalized. My email id is : dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede
Post a Comment