Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Yesterday I had a reunion with my best nursing school (really, one of my best ever!) friends Bela.  We became friends on the first day of orientation when we happened to be in line together at the cashier's office, along with another friend Tatyana.  We ended up sitting together the rest of that day at orientation, and became inseparable for the next two years.  I remember our first conversation being about our faith, and being so glad to have met a friend who shared the same beliefs that I did.  It turned out she was living with her aunt in the same town I was, and we decided to carpool together as well.  Those car rides were what solidified our friendship over the next few weeks, but due to her propensity for not being *quite* as early as I was, we decided to not ride together anymore.

The first time I remember really feeling comfortable with her was that we had to park in the farthest parking lot from the campus.  We both bought the cheapest parking passes.  And we got these books in these huge boxes that we had to carry out to our cars, and couldn't stop laughing because they were so heavy and we could hardly carry them.  I was so glad to meet someone who laughed at something so silly with me.




It isn't often that I, as an introvert, meet someone who is so accepting of me and some of my personality quirks.  She really brought me out of my shell in a lot of ways, and has ended up one of my best friends for life.  Even though we don't see each other that often, when we get together it's like we can just pick up where we left off.  This time we have decided that we won't let so much time go by in between seeing each other.  But it is just good to know that you have friends like that.  

Catching up last night was really great.  Probably one of the most refreshing evenings I've had in awhile.  Just having someone to listen to, and you can listen back.  Here's hoping that we have more time in our busy schedules to hang out!  She only lives an hour and a half away.

Also... please excuse the horrible sense of style I had in college.  I was poor and had no money for things like clothes.  But I had a lot of fun!

No comments: