Sunday, November 25, 2012

Well, I didn't follow through very well on my month of thankfulness.  But then again, I didn't promise there would be many posts about it so...

The week was a good one.  Tiring, but good.  Melissa got in on Wednesday night.  She came back and spent the night with me at my apartment that night, and the next morning I made my apple pie.  Allison drove up that morning and we all went to the Kerchers' for Thanksgiving dinner.  It was delicious!  Of course, the day included a traditional walk. 

Friday morning Allison, Melissa, Hannah, and I went to Cracker Barrel for breakfast and then out to do some Black Friday shopping.  For the first time in years, I didn't walk up before the crack of dawn to wait in line.  It just didn't work out this year that way, but it was ok.  I made a few good purchases.  Even waited in line at the Loft to make a purchase with Allison.  But I got an awesome sweater that was totally worth it!  We put up our family's Christmas tree that night.  Saturday morning we ate breakfast at Manatee Cafe, which was delicious.  Allison and I walked around St. Augustine a little bit taking pictures.

That night I put up my own little Christmas tree in my apartment!  It's a small, 4.5 foot tree, but it is just perfect for my little apartment.  I am happy with it.  I had maybe ten ornaments of my own and decided to buy a few cute ones to add to the collection as well.  Hopefully someday there will be many more to add to it, but for now I have enough.

I'm not really into the Christmas spirit this year like I usually am.  Christmas has lost a lot of its "magic," or whatever you call it.  I'm still loving the Christmas music and the lights and all that, but something about it this year has lost its allure.  Hopefully I'll find some of that at some point.  In the meantime, Happy Christmas Season!

No comments: