Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Summer 2011- One for the Books

sMy summer involved a lot of the Kerchers.

uMy summer was Wednesday morning Starbucks with the Moms.

mIn May I got to see Josh Turner with my sister!

And what is summer without a Memorial Day weekend
church picnic?

I went to the beach a lot.

What is summer without good old fashioned VBS fun?
Doesn't get much better than this.

4th of July tie-dye goodness



And somewhere in there, I went to Camp Kulaqua
but did not bring my camera.... :(




I went to my grandparents' on the farm.
Just a few of us with Grandpa

And a few of us with Grandma.

Summer 2011 really was one of the best summers I've had in a long time! And it wasn't even summer vacation, because I'm not in school and I still had to work a lot. But it sure felt like a summer vacation in high school, which was so much fun. Between hanging with the Kerchers, VBS, Kulaqua, and going to Grandma's, I really had so much fun and almost felt like a kid again. Almost. I have to say, I'm sad to see it end.

With how emotionally difficult this last year has been, between losing my grandparents and various other issues, it was good to have this summer, to have some time that was for me. Yes, I admit it is selfish.

On the upside, Lauren and Brennan are getting married in a month. Yay! And my mom and I are planning a trip to DC in October with my brother and possibly my sister. Again, you say? Well, she was gonna go and I thought, I'm gonna tag along! Plans are still up in the air, but I sure hope it works out. It will be so much fun if it does.

So, you remember how I wrote yesterday that I was going to clean? Well, I did. I actually got a lot accomplished, and my room looks about sixteen times better than it did (with still a ways to go-- let's just say I'm not very domestic). Anyway, once I was finished for the morning, I collapsed downstairs in front of the TV watching 48 Hours (one of my weird obsessions-- yeah, I dvr that show) and found myself falling asleep. "Ok," I say, "I need a nap, I'll just go upstairs to my room so I'm not in my roommates' way." Fast forward six hours: 7pm I wake up! I couldn't believe it! All the while I knew I was taking a ridiculously long nap, but I was so tired and I just couldn't get myself out of bed.

So then I'm going to bed again by 10pm, asleep by probably 11 or so. And now here I've been awake since 5am. I think I'm gonna make a Starbucks run, then have to take a nap again later (I work tonight- I actually have to this time).

So, am I just incredibly lazy? Or is it just that I have the time, I take advantage of it, and it's ok? None of my friends could do this with kids, so I guess I should be grateful I have the time to rest right now. But sometimes I'm also worried. Lately I've been way more fatigued than before (yes, even since I started night shift), I've been achy, and had absolutely no energy. None. So how long do I let this go on before seeing a doctor, and not be labeled a hypochondriac? (I do not like doctors and avoid them like the plague... ironic, I know) Maybe I'm just fatigued, and lazy, etc, etc.

No comments: