Saturday, July 23, 2011

I had a great week at camp. A GREAT week!

I can't really sum it up in any way, except that it was a super busy, fun-filled week taking care of the kids and counselors. We really didn't have anything serious, with the exception of sending a kid to the ER who was having an anaphylactic reaction to something. We thought on Tuesday that we were having an outbreak of a stomach bug, but ended up only having two, one of whom we had to send home. That was not a fun part, because she was the sweetest girl ever.

We were confined to the nurses' cabin for Tuesday and most of Wednesday due to housing the sick kids. It was really ok, because they were both sweet and a lot of fun to be around and get to know. I hadn't expected that going into this week.

It was great to run into my old youth leader and counselor, Holly. Her girls were all surprised to find out she had been a counselor to Allison and I. Yikes, do we seem that old to jr. highers?

I hope I get to do this again next year! Nothing like reliving the good times at Camp Kulaqua.

No comments: